Wednesday 14 January 2015

That day..

One week before our graduation day my classmates had made a book for themselves called the slam book or may be an autograph book or whatever... I was least bothered about such things. And then I thought may be its the only way I could talk to Azan..
Selecting a book was the hardest task I have ever had. A slam book contained some non-sensible questions while an autograph was blank. I thought autograph would be much better and I bought it. I rehearsed the whole night because I didn't know how to ask anyone something. Lots of people in college do ask me notes as I seemed a studious looking girl which I wasn't.
..
"Can I get your autograph?" Naaa "Can you please write some words for me?" Was he a poet? Naaaa.. Try something else me$hal.. I thought and thought, "Autograph" now that sounded decent.
Next day, I tried hard to go to him.. But in vain, I couldn't. Whenever I was free, he was busy with his friends. And when the college end, I could see him riding away. 
Days passed.. I thought to give a shot on the last day. But unfortunately, there was a long queue for his autograph. For once I thought to stand in that line but I didn't want anybody to tease me..
I looked at my autograph and a drop of tear fell on it. I couldn't make it. I saw him at a distance laughing, talking with other girls while I stood here broken. After our graduation day, one of my fellow mate invited our batch to his party. I didn't want to go but I wanted to see him. My mom wanted me to come out of my room, so she forced me to attend it. I thought of having a makeover to look beautiful. But my mom didn't like the idea. So I wore 3/4th jeans and a long t-shirt with a blue hoody over it. I put on my geek glasses..tied my hair..took the camera along with cell and left home.

"You could have wore something different at least for today." and then she giggled. I didn't mind it and went in. I didn't have much friends with whom I could talk or hangout. So I sat alone..clicked some pictures. My mobile rang. It was my mom,"Click your pictures too. I want to see it." I said okay and cut the call. I turned to my right. Azan was standing with his friends. I saw my camera and looked straight. I saw Rahila going somewhere. I called her asking to take one picture of mine. She gave me a weird look and smiled. I didn't mind. And I stood in a place where I could get myself clicked with Azan. 
As she was going to click, she moved the camera and gave a stunned look. I said her again,"I'm ready"
"I will count up to 3, no no 4, then click." she said. 
It sounded unusual but I still gave her a nod I was in no mood asking her 'why?'.

She gave me my camera. I didn't even check the pictures. I saw him for the last time and left. 
I lay down on my bed thinking about those moments. I remember his smiles..his laughs..his style... 
My mom interrupted my thoughts and asked for my pictures. I asker her to wait for a moment because I had to check it. 
As I clicked on next and next, I saw my mates having fun, dancing, playing..    My eyes opened up wide, with cheeks raised up and both hands covering my mouth as I saw the next picture. I saw that Azan was standing with me in one photo. In other showing a heart shape and in other his face close to mine. And the last one with only me in it. Then I understood what was '3 no no 4'.

I screamed aloud to jumping on my bed to dancing on it as I couldn't handle the excitement. I blushed and blushed. Then I saw the autograph book and my heart melted thinking I couldn't do it. I turned over the pages and a slip fell down. It said,"Will you be mine?..... Azan." and I screamed "Yes yes yes yes!!" to the top of my voice.



Write Up: me$hal
Editing: StyZie


3 comments: