Thursday 22 January 2015

Imagination #6

He sat right in front of me and I was constantly staring at him. I liked him from the very first conversation. His habits, his actions, the way he carries things around and the matureness acted as a positive force for the attraction towards him. He was my friend, but not that close. Oh wait, did I say like? No! I didn’t just like him; I loved him.
I wanted him to come over and ask me out, but he never did. May be he didn’t have all those feelings for me. May be, he just considered me as a friend. May be, he had somebody else in his life. May be we were just not meant to be. May be…
Finally, he stood and came up to me with a bouquet in his hand, ‘Wish you a happy married life Ana. Congratulations Daniel.’
‘Thanks Mike.’ Daniel said and hugged him. I was married to Daniel and it was my reception party. He forwarded his hand and I shook it with utmost delicacy. ‘Found your true love ha?’ he teased. I smiled and Daniel held my hand. I looked at Daniel. I tried to find something but couldn’t. I looked at Mike back. ‘Mike’ I whispered slowly enough for no one to listen. ‘Take care Ana.’ He waved his hand over my head as though giving me a blessing.

*30 years later*

There was a knock at the door. ‘Emma, please open the door dear.’ I cried out from the kitchen.  Emma was my maid by profession but she was more like a daughter to me. I had pain in my knees, but I wasn’t that weak. Being fifty-four isn’t that old you see.
‘Flower for a flower.’ Said somebody from the other end. I went out. ‘Daniel’ I said. ‘How are you dear? It’s been so long.’ Daniel said as he hugged me. ‘I’m good. How are you? Missed you so much.’ ‘Look. I’m fit and fine. All thanks to Meg.’ he said waving his hand up and down. ‘Aha I like it. Where’s Meg and how’s Harry?’ ‘Coming right up.’ Meg shouted from behind. ‘Hey!’ we hugged like crazy girls as if it was years that we had seen each other. (Oops! We were past than being called girls. Read it as women :P) ‘I missed you so much Ana. You should have joined us. It was so much fun back there.’ Meg replied with a tone of disappointment in her voice. ’Oh I wish. You know I was busy. Where’s Harry by the way?’ ‘He has all his time summed for the project now. Family time’s over for him?’ Daniel said. ‘This guy; he is so much into his studies. He is going to make you both so proud.’ I said cheerfully. ‘You too, Miss favorite aunt. His success is your success too.’ Meg said. ‘Of course.’ I said and we all shared a good laugh.

It was nice meeting Daniel and Meg after almost five months. Daniel had a research work going and so, whole of the family shifted to Cape Town.
I distinctly remember my reception party. The day when it was the beginning of the end. I couldn’t cope up with Daniel. Not that he wasn’t a good husband; I wasn’t just made for him. We got divorced two months later. Meg was a mutual friend and she was perfect for him. Both married and were blessed with a beautiful child, Harry, who was now twenty years old. My flashback Sepia style video was interrupted by a voice. ‘Miss Ana?’ I turned and replied, ‘Yes.’ ‘There’s a courier for you ma’am.’ He said. ‘Courier?’ I said to him and he handed me a small box. I opened and found an album in it. I flipped it open. Goodness! It was so shocking. It had so many pictures of me. All of those that I had clicked so many years back, along with some, I don’t remember seeing before. I looked at the person who bought it. ‘Who gave it to you?’ ‘I don’t know his name. He just handed it to me and told me that you have lost your hearing sensation a bit as you have turned old.’ ‘What? Hearing sensation? Huh?’ I paused and looked at him again. He was wearing a cap. I wasn’t able to say anything. My hands started shivering. I gathered the courage to lift my hand and take off his cap.
The album along with the cap fell from my hands. I slapped him. ‘Really? 30 years! 30 long years. I so hate you.’ I shouted and pushed him back. I instantly pulled him by his shirt and hugged him. ‘I guess, you found your true love finally.’ He said and hugged me back. We both had tears and were stuck at the moment. We didn’t speak for another ten minutes and were still in each other’s arms. It’s been so long. The time that I waited for was worth it. I had talked to him every day, imagining him in front of me. I couldn’t forget him. He was always there in my heart. He never left. ‘You aren’t married right?’ he said with a teasing tone. ‘No! And even though I am not, how is it going to make a difference hah? You do not care at all.’ I burst out. ‘I was wondering if I still have the chance.’ He said with puppy face. ‘Are you even gonna ask or should I throw you out?’ ‘Haha… I’m sorry. I made you wait really long. I thought you were happy. I tried to forget but even for that I had to think about you. I remembered to forget you every single day. I realized I couldn’t live without you; no matter how hard I tried. When I came back, I found none. Things changed. I searched for you but… Thanks to Daniel that I found him in Cape Town and he bought me here. I owe my life to him.’ ‘Even I searched you too. A lot, but. Fate….’

‘So! Miss Ana Flitzherbert, would you mind to spend the rest of your life with a handsome, smart and a charming guy named Mike Rider?’ I giggled, ‘It would be my pleasure to be his better half and I think Ana Rider sounds cool.’ ‘I’m sorry Ana.’ ‘I don’t like the sentence.’ I sobbed with a smile. ‘How about ‘I Love You Ana’?’ ‘Excellent!’ we hugged again. ‘I love you Ana and I promise to be with you till God calls me.’ ‘I love you too Mike and I would never let you go alone to him.’


#StyZie



No comments:

Post a Comment