Saturday 24 January 2015

Imagination #8 ~The Appointment with Love~

I was late again. We had planned for a date and I was running out of time. ‘She is so getting angry on me.’ I said to myself as I got into the shower. She hated it when I wasn’t on time. But as we all know, bad habits don’t die soon. I wore her favorite white shirt and a pair of jeans. I remember her saying that she liked it, when I didn’t do much with my hair, so I left it messy. We were friends back then.

I took the keys from the shelf and left for her place. It was our six month anniversary and thankfully, I remembered it. It took me five years to gain confidence, in order to propose her. And the result being the best; she was my girlfriend after that.

As soon as I reached, I could sense her anger. I had taken her favorite daisies on the way. They would definitely calm her down. ‘Happy anniversary Mia. I’m sorry for being late.’ I made a puppy face. ‘Look, daisies, your favorite.’ I kissed the flowers. ‘You remember our first date? July 13th. I was so happy that day. Your positive reply was the best thing I had ever heard. I can never forget our fifty-eight minute talk that night. I made you say ‘I love you’ almost twenty times!’ I laughed aloud remembering all that. We talked for almost two hours, till I saw my watch. I had a conference to attend, so I bid her farewell. ‘I love you baby and I always will.’ I said and heard her reply the same.

I stood and kept the daisies over the stone which was engraved with ‘In loving memory of Mia Andrews. August 17 1990 – July 14 2014’ I kissed it and let her sleep.


P.S: The title 'Appntment with Love' is taken from a short story of the same title by Sulamith Ish Kishor

#StyZie




No comments:

Post a Comment