Thursday 22 January 2015

Imagination #7 ~ That Girl ~

It was a usual Sunday morning. I woke up early. I wasn’t really feeling fresh but I didn’t wanted to sleep anymore. I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge in hope of finding a pre-existing breakfast. But to my disappointment, I found nothing but a bottle of water, some eggs and two chewing gums. Gums? Really? Who keeps gums in the fridge? I hate my room-mate and I would have definitely attempted an attack which would at least fracture his limbs, if; he were not my cousin.
I wasn’t in the mood of preparing anything, so I picked up my hoodie and left the 2B flat.
I love Sundays. Not because, it’s a Sunday and a holiday but because of the peace that surrounds in the morning. In a busy city like this, it’s rare that anyone could listen to the chirping of the birds. And today; seems to be my lucky day, in spite of the empty fridge. The rustling trees, bluish-yellow sky, the jogging breeze, all of these made me feel more than relaxed. I sat down on a wooden chair of an empty café.
A guy from inside, smiled at me. ‘Good morning Sir. What would you like to start your day with?’ I smiled back. ‘Cappuccino will do.’ ‘Sure Sir.’ He said and went in. It was a vintage themed café. Calm, clean and less noisy.  I was admiring a huge tree which was some distance away from my chair, as I heard the footsteps. I turned back and that left me astonished. A girl walked towards me, wearing dark blue jeans and a white shirt. She was holding tray which had a cup upon it, probably my order. Her hair was laid back in a pony except for some strands which kept waving along as she walked. Her side bangs perfectly fit her face. I couldn’t lower my gaze. She was now standing at my table, ‘Your order, Sir.’ She said along with her most beautiful smile. I wanted to thank her, but my lips were seized to each other. She elegantly placed the cup on my table and tissue alongside. I looked at her eyes. They were black with a touch of crystal like look. ‘Beautiful.’ I said without knowing that my voice sounded much more than a whisper. ‘Sorry?’ she asked amazed. ‘Ah…the…the tree. That tree!’ I said, pointing at the tree I was previously looking at. She looked in that direction and smiled, ’Yes it is.’ She then looked at me, ‘Have a good day Sir.’ She turned and started walking. I looked at her till she was out of sight. I smiled to myself, ‘Too many smiles today, Ryan.’
I waited for her to return and take back my cup, but she didn’t. I wasn’t going to leave without getting a last look of her. Unfortunately, the guy came to me. I put the money on the table along with some tip. I got up and gave a final look at the counter. I decided to give it a final try. ‘Hey listen, who’s that girl?’ ‘Girl?’  ‘The girl who bought me coffee; some moments ago.’ ‘Oh! That’s Amy, my wife.’ ‘W…Wife?’ ‘Yeah.’ He turned, ‘Look, here she is.’ I saw a lady coming. But, she wasn’t the same girl. ‘Not this girl. I’m talking about the other girl who bought me the cup.’ ‘I gave you the coffee sir.’ The lady said. ‘No! I remember. It wasn’t you.’ ‘I bought it sir.’ ‘You think I’m drunk? I saw her. The girl with crystal like eyes.’ ‘No one works here apart from us. So this is highly impossible.’ the guy said.
I couldn’t understand what was going on. I walked to and fro, not able to cope up. Something caught my sight from inside the café. ‘The painting. Yes! See I said you, it was the same girl.’ I pointed my finger towards her painting. The couple seemed shocked and looked at me with a complete different expression. ‘Sir, you are definitely mistaken. That girl is dead for over a decade. You see that tree, over there.’ He showed me the same tree, I was admiring before. ‘She killed herself by hanging to its branch. This café belonged to her. We bought it two years ago. Her father asked us not to take off her painting as she loved this place more than anything else.’

I was stuck at the moment, sitting back to the chair watching the tree again. I did see her. I surely did. How can I be dreaming even after walking so long and having a cup of caffeine? I looked back at the painting and again at the tree.


#StyZie


2 comments: