Monday 2 February 2015

Imagination #10 *Friendship Is Love*



I rang the door bell, but got no answer. Rang it twice and still negative. I knocked at the door and to my surprise, it was open. I entered and called out her name. ‘Naina? Naina, are you in there?’ she didn’t reply. I proceeded to her room upstairs. I saw her sitting in her balcony. She seemed upset and I just exactly knew the reason.

‘Naina?’ I called again. She turned back. Her eyes were red due to constant crying along with the dark circles forming below them. She didn’t have any water flows for now. But her face looked very tired. ‘Hey, Aman.’ She said with no joy. I sat beside her and rested my hand on the railing behind. She leaned back and gave out a sigh. ‘Whose mistake was it?’ He or you?’ ‘We weren’t meant to be Aman. I broke up.’ She said with a slight tone of disappointment. Her sentence made a sudden joy run through my ribs. ‘I told you about it long before. You deserve much more than that crap!’ I blabbed and instantly thought to take it back. I didn’t want to sound like someone who was happy about their break up. ‘Crap? That word’s too good for him. Such an assh...’ she stopped. ‘I don’t even want to dirty my tongue using those words for him.’ I smiled over that. This meant that it was serious and she wasn’t going to try patching up. Her phone rang. She glanced at it, cut the call and switched it off. I giggled and to my dismay, she heard, giving me a dangerous look. I immediately controlled myself. ‘Sorry.’ I said with as much guilt as I could drive in my voice. ‘Forget it.’ She said.

I went a bit closer to her. My hand was now touching her head. She leaned over my shoulder. ‘Naina, now as you have broken up, I was thinking if I could put up the banners.’ ‘What banners?’ she asked with a neutral tone. ‘The new boyfriend ad.’ She turned her head up and hit my arm with throat clearing giggles. I laughed along. ‘So when do I put it up?’ her head was back over my shoulder again. ‘I just want to be single right now. Boys suck!’ ‘Even I’m a guy.’ ‘Correction... except you.’ ‘Does that mean I have a chance?’ she smirked slowly. ‘You’re my best back up.’ ‘Yeah, yeah... I’ll always be a back up and not the original file.’ I said disgusted. She looked at me. ‘Aww... don’t say that.’ She kissed on my cheek which felt like I had passed with distinction in the finals. ‘You’re my closest friend. The best I could ever have.’ The word ‘friend’ always kicks my ear with full force. I feel like jumping off a thousand feet building, whenever she says that. She shifted from my shoulders to my lap. Within seconds, she was asleep. That creep made her cry so much; he is so going to get a punch the next day. She looked beautiful as she lay over my lap. I kissed her forehead and promised myself to propose to her soon. That’s the twenty-first time I’m saying that. But yeah of course, I’m going to try. The thought that she felt safe and happy around me, made me love her even more. I constantly looked at her shimmery face and the setting sun which indicated that she was going to be on my lap till it was up again. I looked at her again. ‘Friendship is love.’ I said even though I knew she wasn’t listening.

#StyZie


No comments:

Post a Comment