Sunday 25 November 2018

If I could write a poem

If I could write a poem,
I'd write about your lips which form the most blessed smile of all,
I'd write about your almond-shaped eyes which sparkle every time I see them,
I'd write about the flickering strands of hair on your forehead,
I'd write about that seductive deep husky voice of yours,
I'd write about the countless emotions I felt inside when you said u liked me,
I'd write about the smile on both our faces when our eyes met,
I'd write about your strong, lustrous arms when they wrapped around me to cuddle,
I'd write about the level of excitement when you said 'I do' at the alter.
I'd write about all the times we lied at our workplace to get an extra day for the weekend trips,
I'd write about our passionate video game sessions and the weird punishments for the loser,
I'd write about the burnt vessels after an intense cooking competition,
I'd write about our little artistic corner in the living room,
I'd write about the tears that rolled down my cheek when you were lowered into the ground.
I'd write about how I missed the sound of your words,
I'd write about the emptiness in our house,
I'd write about the unread pages of the books you brought,
I'd write about the countless nights I spent thinking of you, looking at the stars.
I'd write about how much I loved you when we were together and even now when you are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment